The term ‘we’, ‘us’, ‘our’ refers to the owner of the website: J Brown Fabrics Ltd whom is registered at & operates from Express Way, Wakefield Europort, Castleford, West Yorkshire, WF6 2AE.
J Brown Fabrics Ltd is a registered company in England & Wales, registration number: 01714764. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
Please read this page carefully. If you do not agree with the contents of this Statement, do not submit any Personal Data to us.
J Brown Fabrics Ltd is committed to protecting your privacy and will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act (2018) and the UK General Data Protection Regulations (UK GDPR).
We collect data from visitors to our website to help improve & streamline our online services as well as gauge the volume & analytical data of website traffic & capture data supplied by our customers for either services or functionality built in to our website.
We are committed to providing transparency & visibility to the services we use to capture & manage data when visiting our website.
By accessing this website, you shall be regarded as having had sufficient notice of the contents of this Statement. Your use of this website and your submission of any Personal Data to us, shall constitute your consent to allow us to process your Personal Data in accordance with the terms of this Statement.
How we collect personal information from you
We may collect information directly through the website, or through the browser information provided which you connect with the website or when you communicate with us directly via email and phone.
What Personal Information do we ask for and how do we use it?
In broad terms, we use your data for the following purposes
- To answer any questions you may have or information you may have requested
- To process your order or manage your account
- Keeping track of transactions and enquiries
- Sending you marketing material about products, services, and promotions
- For market research purposes to help improve our products and services, to let you know of any significant changes or developments about our products, services and to our website
- To administer and provide products and services you request or have expressed an interest in
- To communicate with you if any products or services you have requested are unavailable
- For record keeping purposes
- To track your activity on our digital platforms
- To personalise and tailor any communications that we may send you
In order that we can monitor and improve this website, we may gather certain information about you when you use it, including details of your domain name and IP address, operating system, browser, version, and the web site that you visited prior to our site. We may do this by way of a “cookie”.
A cookie is an element of data that our website can send to your browser, which may then store it on your system.
How we might use your information
We want to give you the best possible customer experience. J Brown Fabrics Ltd (and trusted partners acting on our behalf) use your personal data:
- To provide goods and services to you
- To process payments
- To make a tailored website available to you
- To verify your identity
- For crime and fraud prevention, detection and related purposes
- For market research purposes - to better understand your needs
- For ad measurement services
- To manage customer service interactions with you; and where we have a legal right or duty to use or disclose your information (for example in relation to an investigation by a public authority or in a legal dispute)
We always takes appropriate measures to safeguard the Personal Data we hold from unauthorised access or improper use.
We operate a strict internal security policy with which our employees must comply as a condition of their employment with us.
Your data protection rights
Under UK GDPR you have rights regarding the personal data we hold, these are:
- The right to be informed - this is your right to be informed about the collection and use of your personal data that we hold, the purpose of this document is to fulfil our obligation to you in this respect
- The right of access - this is your right to see your personal data and supplementary information that we hold
- The right to rectification - this is your right to have inaccurate personal data we hold corrected, or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to erasure - this is your right to have some, or all, of your personal data erased that we hold, this is also known as ‘the right to be forgotten’
- The right to restrict processing - this is your right to request that we restrict the use of your personal data
- The right to data portability - this is your right to data portability; this allows you to obtain and reuse for your personal data for your own purposes across different services
- The right to object - you have the right to object to how we process and use your personal data
How to contact us
If you have requests or questions in connection with this Privacy Statement, or how your data is used, please email our Data Protection Officer who will endeavour to resolve any issues quickly and to your satisfaction.
Last modified: 12th May 2023